PeaceHealth is seeking a Supply Chain Specialist - Laundry & Linen for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.40, more depending on experience.
Provides a variety of material handling support; such as receipt, distribution, linen, and inventory and equipment management.
Assists with requisitioning, stocking, receipt and distribution of supplies.Upon receipt of supplies; inspects and verifies quantities.Processes documentation on receipt and distribution of supplies according to department operational procedures and policies.As appropriate, records linen usage by department.
Responsible for supply inventory monitoring; rotates products, monitors expiration dates, ensures proper labeling and storage of equipment and/or supplies.
Prepares supplies, linen and equipment for distribution and delivers supplies to departments.Fills daily requisitions, determines delivery method, truck, courier, etc.
May perform equipment management by coordinating repairs, loaner services and rental equipment to minimize delays in services to department.
Works on special requests and/or projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Previous experience with inventory control, receiving and distribution is preferred and experience in a hospital or medical office setting is desirable.
- May require a current valid Driver's license.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple demands and short time frames with minimum supervision.
ST JOSEPH - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 64% of the time with frequent walking and stooping.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 80% of work time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefitspackage and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org. Questions? Review our Employment FAQor email [email protected]. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Diversity & Inclusion
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.