QR Code Link to This Post
Our mission at Pacific Northwest Urology Specialists is to provide personalized, high-quality care on an as-needed or preventative basis. We have created a practice that we believe in and choose for our own family members, right here in Bellingham.
We are the largest and most-trusted full-service urology practice in Whatcom County, consisting of dedicated, experienced, board-certified/eligible male and female urologists who believe in working with our patients to maintain and improve their health. We work together to serve your entire family for your urologic needs in all stages of life, from newborn to 100+.
Our physicians believe in providing comprehensive health care services to our patients in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We also believe in educating our patients as we work with them to achieve the best physical state possible.
Pacific Northwest Urology Specialists is seeking a licensed LPN or MA-C to assist our physicians in providing compassionate care to our patients. The ideal candidate will be quick, confident, and have a can-do attitude. This position is an opportunity to learn many new skills, participate in coordination of patient care, and positively impact our patients' quality of life.
1. Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
2. Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
3. Gives injections, draws blood, applies dressings, and facilitates simple wound management, and catheterize patients under physician orders.
4. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization.
5. May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
6. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
7. May provide phone assessment of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
8. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others
- Self-motivated and directed
- Familiarity with an EMR, multi-line phone systems preferred
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required or graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program.
Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
Minimum of one year of clinical experience in a medical office setting.
License Requirement and/or Other Requirements:
Must pass a criminal background check, current licensure verification and the OIG Exclusion List.
To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume and two professional references.