Vehicle Fueler and Washer
Are you committed to providing the highest levels of quality service? Do you enjoy providing excellent customer service? If so, First Transit wants you! The Vehicle Fueler and Washer performs fueling, bus cleaning and detailing under the supervision of maintenance staff.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $15/HR Starting Wage!
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- A great work environment!
As a Vehicle Fueler / Washer, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Records the fuel tank meter reading and stick tank for daily measurements at the start and end of each refueling period
- Performs the refueling of all buses
- Enters vehicle refueling information on each vehicle refueled into fuel log sheet.
- Performs the interior and exterior cleaning of vehicles utilizing manual and automatic cleaning equipment in order to meet the company and client contract standards.
- Drives vehicles through the bus servicing and cleaning process and parks vehicles in prearranged order. Prepares daily yard map of fleet parking assignments and availability.
- Assist with bus exchanges in the field, by driving replacement vehicle to location of vehicle which needs to be exchanged.
- Checks and maintains fluid levels including engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc. Also verifying literature is stocked and current in every bus.
- Maintains service lane in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Performs janitorial services of grounds and buildings as required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Vehicle Fueler / Washer Requirements:
- Able to operate cleaning equipment.
- Valid driver's license.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Clean and maintain transit buses within established time limits.
- Pass a complete physical examination for the purpose of obtaining DOT medical card.
- Pass background check and pre-employment drug screen before an offer of employment is made.
- Position is considered Safety Sensitive, therefore, must be able to comply with all FTA requirements for alcohol and drug testing.
- Regularly lifts 35-50lbs
- Ability to safely operate a pressure washer and be able to move it to the fuel island daily
- 95% of work time involves extensive hand and finger dexterity.
- Work extended hours regularly, including both holidays and weekends in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to work outdoors including extreme heat or cold, and rain conditions.
- Ability to work using PPE for dispensing or handling hazardous chemicals, such as gasoline, coolant, brake fluid, cleaning detergents, and petroleum products
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status