Credit Manager - Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for a Credit Manager who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. Our Credit Manager will be a member of a dynamic team who provides service and support to our award-winning employees. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Finance. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.
Key Elements of the Job
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons' Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Conduct training sessions for the Front Office staff and Catering & Sales staff on credit policies and procedures.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
- Establish and maintain local credit policies and procedures regarding billing, credit cards, collection, inquiries and check cashing and prepare month-end and year-end reports and reconciliations in accordance with established corporate guidelines.
- Ensure all inquiries from guests or credit card companies are handled promptly (same day if possible) and professionally.
- Ensure prompt and accurate billing for all accounts and timely collection follow-up.
- Maintain credit histories, original approved written requests for credit and other records for regular hotel accounts.
- Ensure that the check-in / check-out procedure adequately protects the hotel without burden or delay to the guests of the hotel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with regular clients to foster communication and assist in collection.
- Prepare and conduct a monthly credit meeting.
- File documents and reports.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
- Manage collection of accounts approved for billing and process upon departure payments and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Accounts Receivable staff and evaluate performance based on the hotel policies.
- Recommend improvements in the operation of Accounts Receivable to the Director of Finance.
- Review Guest Ledger High Balance Report daily and bring discrepancies to the attention of the Front Office Manager and Director of Finance if not resolved.
- Investigate all requests for billing as the final authority over credit approval and individual guest inquiries.
- Review with Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance all accounts that are over 30 days and implement collection procedures and write off or adjust uncollectible amounts in accordance with established corporate guidelines.
- Process and post all charges and payments to City Ledger Accounts daily.
- Write off or adjust uncollectible accounts after approval by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance and the General Manager according to established corporate guidelines.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- College education or equivalent.
- Minimum one to three years of experience in a related position.
What to Expect from Your Work Experience...You will
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience.
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons.
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion.
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company.
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan.
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program.
- Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee restaurant.
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf