Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate Front End Engineer to join the Amazon Container Services team and help to solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities. We are starting a new initiative within container services that is focused on enabling powerful user experiences that make it easy for customers to focus on their work and avoid the complexity of infrastructure management. In this role you will work with other engineers, web developers, product managers, and UX designers to conceptualize and create responsive and usable web interfaces.
Creating the perfect user experience in the web environment requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. You should be somebody who is interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, protocols and web servers) work together, and understand how they can be effectively used together to create great user experiences. You will work closely with customers to ensure we are delivering interfaces that make it easy to do complex tasks without making the experience challenging. You will be part of a small, fast moving team that will have a huge impact on the overall container services business. We are making history by defining the Cloud Computing User Experience for millions of people worldwide. If employing your skills at scale, and working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this is the perfect role.
- At least a four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with relational databases and back-end programming.
- · Customer focus.
- · Analysis and design of new features and interfaces for the web.
- · Optimizing current products to improve its performance and usability.
- · Support, troubleshooting and resolving of critical issues in production.
- · Working with a team, to achieve the ultimate user experience.
- · Analyzing application and user metrics to define our team strategy.
- · Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- · Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.