Job Description Details
Does the idea of protecting millions of customers data excite you? Do you want to help secure large web services running on multiple cloud environments? Come join a small yet growing team of engineers who are helping to secure Zulily against worldwide threats.
Zulily is supportive of women, the LGBTQ community and other diverse groups. It's a place where everyone can be their authentic self at work. We are changing the way people shop by presenting merchandise through storytelling and catering to our female customer base. This is the team that enables those customers to shop at Zulily confidently and securely every day!
In this role you would
- Implement a broad range of security tooling from web services to user endpoint protection.
- Work with a wide range of teams and security-related topics.
- Provide design consultation for new solutions to assist with mitigating security vulnerabilities.
- Create processes and guidelines that will be used across the company.
- Consult with our development teams on secure coding practices.
- Troubleshoot and assist with any security challenges, incidents, and issues that may arise.
- Contribute expertise to the team's SOC rotation.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the cybersecurity, IT, or engineering fields
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with any combination of the following: mobile security, threat modeling, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration, and network security.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of security engineering, web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures, authentication, and security protocols.
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting languages: Python or PowerShell.
- Comfortable with reading code and programming logic, tooling, and strong protocol basics
An ideal candidate would have the following
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences. Soft and interpersonal skills are key. We're a social bunch.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects. We're a social bunch.
- Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards (PCI).
- Knowledge and experience with AWS cloud (extra points in Google Cloud)
- Experience using one or more of the following classes of tools: Endpoint protection, Cloud monitoring and protection, Identity Management, Incident Management, etc
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.