QR Code Link to This Post
Columbia Valley Community Health is seeking a full-time Bilingual Dental Assistant for our Chelan location.
Dental Assistant Protocol: Responsible for assisting the Dentist in the provision of services to patient independently, through proper training and support. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and stocking of the exam rooms daily.
â¢ Assisting the Dentist in the provision of services to patient independently, through proper training and support.
â¢ Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and stocking of the exam rooms daily.
â¢ Clerical and Chart Management: Responsible for follow up with the patient visit understanding of dental treatment planning.
â¢ Customer Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customers and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Job Specific Competencies:
Dental Assistant Protocol: Assists chair side independently and provides dental care to patients.
1. Performs all dental assistant procedures allowable under Washington State Law.
2. Prepares patient, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
3. Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
Maintains the uniformity of operatory equipment.
1. Checks for outdated and expired inventory.
2. Tags out and/or locks out unsafe or damaged equipment.
3. Maintains the standard use of materials whenever possible at all clinic sites.
4. Maintains all headpieces and dental equipment on repair or requested services, as needed.
Demonstrates and maintains competency with digital and panoramic radiology.
Keeps the operatories and laboratory stocked, organized and safe.
1. Responsible for opening and closing the operatories each working day.
2. Assists in inventory, storage and ordering supplies.
3. Maintains a neat, clean and professional work environment.
Follows all procedures as outlined in the Clinic Safety Manual and Dental Clinic Blood Borne Pathogen Compliance Manual.
1. Explains the rationale for infection control and occupational safety protocols according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) hazard communication standards.
2. Demonstrates Universal Precautions techniques.
1. Opens and maintains central sterile room when needed.
2. Performs the duties of the central sterile technician as needed.
Clerical and Chart Management: Dental assistants are able to accurately demonstrate an understanding of appropriate forms as indicated by patient treatment.
1. Demonstrates and maintains competency with patient chart entries.
2. Obtains medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
3. Schedules appointments, prepares cost estimates, and maintains records manually or enters data into computer system.
4. Documents Recall tickler (both exam and Hygiene) following each visit (refer to Recall protocol).
5. Prepares dental referrals as requested by Dental Provider.
6. Documents No Show in chart with follow-up phone call (refer to no Show protocol).
1. Greets patients and visitors with a warm and friendly manner.
2. Provides information for all inquiries both in person and in the phone.
3. Communicates clearly and accurately with patients, dentists and co-workers.
4. Provides accurate verbal translation, when required.
5. Performs AIDET 100% of the time; 90% proficiency score must be maintained.
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems that will support the clerical duties.
1. Use of dental department phone system.
2. Assists patients with information and educational materials as approved by supervisor and other CVCH programs.
3. Ensures completion of paperwork by the patients while reviewing and updating dental records.
4. Assists as a back up for front desk function, as needed.
The successful candidate will have a:
â¢ High school diploma or equivalent.
â¢ Dental Assisting school certificate preferred.
â¢ Must be registered as a Dental Assistant with the Washington State Department of Health.
â¢ Accreditation from a Dental Assisting program preferred.
â¢ Basic Life Support required.
â¢ Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
â¢ Customer service
â¢ Ability to multi-task
â¢ Bilingual- English and Spanish
â¢ Attention to Detail
CVCH offers competitive wages and an excellent package.
Please submit an application by visiting our website at www.cvch.org/employment