Chelan County Sheriff-Emergency Management Specialist I (FULL TIME) (401 Washington Street, Wenatchee, WA)
QR Code Link to This Post
Emergency Management Specialist I (FULL TIME) is a Civil Service Covered position and will be tested for in accordance with Chelan County Civil Service Rules. This examination is being held December 14, 2017 for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list for hiring of the position of EM Specialist I (FULL TIME), in the Sheriff's Office.
This is a non-commissioned, Civil Service position. This Emergency Management Program Specialist I position is an administrative assistant to the sergeant of the of the county Emergency Management division which may occasionally involve response to emergency situation in a support capacity. The position assists with planning, mitigation and coordination of "all-hazard" incident management throughout Chelan County, whether natural or man-made. This position will often liaison directly with the Washington State Emergency Management Division while assisting in the preparation and management of federal grant funding.
1. At least 21 years of age
2. Valid Washington State driver's license
3. Must be a United States citizen
4. Must have high school diploma or GED. Minimum 2 year college degree
5. Combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
6. Ability to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position
7. No convictions for felony or disqualifying misdemeanor offenses
8. English language proficiency, both oral and written
9. Must successfully pass a background investigation including psychological and polygraph tests
10. Ability to pass Civil Service entrance exam
S061- Permanent Full Time, $3,327.92-$3,852.06 DOE and Benefits
Closing date: 12/4/17, 5PM
For complete position details and to apply - visit Chelan County website to apply www.chelan.wa.us/humanresources/jobs