QR Code Link to This Post
Position Summary : Graphic Label (GLI) in Yakima, WA is seeking a full time Accounting Controller that doesn't mind wearing different hats and rolling up your sleeves to get the job done! Our company is one of the industry leaders and is seeking a Controller which oversees all the accounting functions of our 23-year-old company. GLI has a regional and national presence with top tier clients who are recognized for excellence. This position will have sole responsibility for the completion and accuracy of the company's monthly and year- end financial statements, internal financial reporting, the general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and the payroll accounting functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of Company's general ledger and financial statements.
3. Manages the departmental coordination of Company's monthly financial statements and related account reconciliation's.
4. Plays the lead role with the Accounts Receivable invoicing and Accounts Payable vendor invoice payment and Payroll functions.
5. Participates in the implementation, timeliness, accuracy and continuous improvement of the Company's budgeting process.
6. Provides data entry and assisting in streamlining data integration for the growth of the enterprise.
7. Ensures the accounting department is maintaining the integrity (internal control system) of Company's overall accounting system.
8. Provides input and improvement of the general accounting, accounts receivable, payroll and capital asset and control processes.
9. Prepare all required payroll and business tax reporting as well as supporting external consultants and providers including the CPA firm.
10. Provides cross department support for the various divisions to ensure they all and the executives have answers and resolutions to questions about the finance system.
Controller may be required to perform related duties not specifically listed above.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
A combination of both general and cost accounting experience of 3 - 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing and sales.
Must be able to learn new accounting and finance systems quickly and become a key interface for supporting the employees in its use.
Required Skills: Knowledge of general accounting, GAAP, and personal computer skills, including advanced Excel skills required. Must be highly motivated with exceptional management and organizational skills complemented with effective communication abilities to interface with both internal and outside resources. This position must possess a high regard for confidentiality and also have effective written and verbal communication skills. Desired Skills: Experience with various accounting software, including QuickBooks. Submit Resume if qualified with compensation history via email.
Job Type: Full-time