Harsco is recognized for technical leadership and worldwide experience in virtually all major aspects of railway track maintenance. We enable railroads to operate at peak efficiency over smooth, precisely aligned track that increases railway safety while reducing fuel consumption and other key operating costs. Our broad array of equipment and services support every type of railway operator, from major national and international railway systems, to short lines and high-speed urban transit networks.
Design and develop embedded software used to control complex railway maintenance equipment. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Controls will lead full-cycle development projects from requirements through delivery and subsequent field support.
Design and develop real time embedded machine control solutions for railway maintenance equipment including graphical user interfaces and machine I/O
- Lead/mentor junior engineers
- Apply communication and problem-solving skills to solve software issues related to the design, development, deployment, testing, and operation of systems as an individual contributor within a dynamic team environment.
- Provide accurate estimates for assigned tasks, deliver the assigned task on time meeting specified functional expectations.
- Provide hands-on field support to test, commission, and troubleshoot machine functions.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management
Basic Required Qualifications:
Combination of education and experience as follows:
- Bachelors' degree in Software, Electronic, Computer or other similar Engineering discipline with 3+ years of experience described below, OR
- Associates degree in Software, Electronic, Computer or other similar Engineering discipline with 7+ years of experience described below, OR
- 10+ years of design experience as outlined below with no technical degree
- Creation of embedded control code in C++
- Experience with Visual Studio and Windows
- CANBus network experience (SAE J1939 or CAN Open) and other fieldbus systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN
- Experience with complex controls of heavy mobile equipment, including hydraulics and pneumatics
- Exposure to requirements management (Jama) and issue tracking (Jira)
- Robotics, device control and distributed I/O controls
- Support hydraulic and electrical controls engineering
- Experience with wired and wireless communication protocols
- Ability to develop original algorithms, create code and write test cases
- Ability to work effectively across functions in a highly matrixed environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.