Brayman Construction is looking for qualified candidates to join our team on the Bluestone Dam Phase 5 project. Bluestone Dam has been a staple for Brayman over the past 13 years starting with Phase 2, Phase 3, Phase 5 Cofferdam and now the final Phase 5 Stilling Basin Reconstruction. The $319,592,539 project will take place over a 9 year period and work includes the setup and operation of an onsite batch plant, 60,000-CY of rock excavation, 65,000-CY of common excavation, placement of over 100,000-CY of embankment material, 90,000-CY of mass concrete placement, 1150 -each high-capacity dam anchors, a grout curtain, and the reconstruction of the left and right river bank parks and recreation features.
Brayman Construction Corporation is a leading heavy civil and geotechnical contractor with office headquarters in suburban Pittsburgh. Incorporated in 1947, Brayman has grown, diversified and evolved its construction services from a small bridge and concrete company to a large, nationally recognized provider of complex, heavy civil construction projects servicing both public and private sector clients throughout the Midwest and along the entire east coast. The Company has expertise in a wide variety of projects including large scale complex bridges, deep foundation, marine and dam construction and rehabilitation, complex and heavy steel erection and rehabilitation and demolition services.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to work on a project based out of Hinton, West Virginia. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the contractor and job site quality control, with the authority to act as the Contractor Representative on-site at projects. He/she will manage profitable oversight of all construction, manpower and related activities.
This Engineering Manager position requires the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant heavy construction experience
- Previous experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Oversight and review of daily quality control reports
- Documentation and inspection of each definable feature of work
- Oversight of quality control staff
- Create and review submittals
- Provide technical guidance
- Correspond with the project owners
- QCS/RMS software
- Ability to work with Project Managers, Superintendents, Project Engineers on a daily basis in order to plan and document the work
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Legal registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) (Required)
- 10+ years' relevant heavy construction experience (Required)
- Experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers (Required)
- Experience with steel erection projects a plus
- Experience with Structural Concrete and Mass Concrete a plus
- Ability to read blueprints/plans
- Flexibility to adapt to new challenges
- Proficient in Microsoft Office concentrations in Excel
- Must be willing to travel or relocate as necessary for projects
- Works both indoors and outdoors.
- Environment can be dirty and noisy.
- Wears appropriate protective clothing and equipment including gloves, ear protection and respirators when necessary.
- Lifting up to 50 LBS.
- Stands frequently and walks about the work areas
- Occasionally stretches up and across when completing daily tasks
- Squatting, crouching or kneeling may be required occasionally.
- Twisting the body or neck may be required occasionally.
- Bending is occasionally required to facilitate the lifting of items used daily
- Contact with skin irritants or water may occur during certain processes
- Repetitive hand and arm movements are required when operating machinery.
- The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This job description is presented as guidance only, other reasonable tasks or responsibilities as management sees necessary may be added to this job description in order to achieve satisfactory job performance by the team member.
Our company, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status (unless such discrimination is required by law) or conviction record, except where sex, physical ability, age or conviction record is a bona fide occupational qualification. Our company also is required by law, by virtue of its contracts with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified handicapped individuals, and Vietnam-era, disabled, and other eligible veterans.