4 hour evening shift.
Great opportunity to keep up with clinical skills without a full schedule. Competitive pay and awesome environment!
To provide direct nursing care to acutely and/or chronically ill residents through individualized care plans, in compliance with state and federal standards, rules, and regulations, and corporate policies and procedures. When acting as charge nurse, to plan, organize, direct, and supervise the activities of all employees assigned to his/her shift. This may be a unit, or, on holidays, weekends, evenings, or nights, may be the entire facility.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Administers medications accurately and safely to assigned group of residents
- Transcribes physician orders correctly and completes necessary paperwork to ensure their completion
- Participates in quality assurance activities as assigned by charge nurse or DON
- Implements resident education plans when appropriate
- Delivers appropriate nursing care to individual or groups of residents
- Utilizes therapeutic verbal and non-verbal interventions with residents
- Seeks supervisory assistance appropriately
- Assists residents in preparing for and attending scheduled activities
- Assumes and carries out responsibility for leadership of nursing care team when assigned
- Communication with other health care team members such as physicians, nurses, health service workers, social workers, and psychologists regarding resident status and response to treatment
- Administers routine services in caring for acutely ill, convalescent, and chronic residents
- Helps provide a suitable environment for residents
- Makes every effort to maintain resident safety, comfort, and peace of mind
- Assists and teaches the resident to be as self-sufficient as possible
- Receives report at beginning of shift; gives report at end of shift
- Counts narcotics and checks lock on emergency box; reports to DON and pharmacy of deficiencies
- Keeps key to medication cart and narcotic cabinet in his/her possession at all times
- Orders medication from pharmacy as needed
- Observes and constantly teaches aides in care of residents for safety and total resident care, in compliance with established policies and procedures and state regulations
- Teachings include the following; personal hygiene, dressing treatments, exercise, changing or emptying of ostomy bags as necessary, keeping residents dry and comfortable, serving of food and feeding residents, monitoring of temperature and blood pressure
- Practices good restorative nursing
- Gives special care for prevention and treatment of decubitus ulcers and infection
- Isolates communicable diseases
- Prevents spread of infection by proper disposal of waste and cleaning of equipment
- Inserts gastrostomy feeding tubes and feeds residents having these tubes
- Does tracheostomy care and suctioning of residents
- Administers oxygen
- Removes sutures and wire clamps
- Inserts catheters, irrigates catheters, and monitors intake and output
- Collects and sends specimens to lab, such as stool, urine, sputum; makes out proper lab slip
- Administers enemas as instructed (Fleets and soap suds)
- Maintains accurate and complete resident records, monthly summaries, care plans, nurse's notes, doctor's orders, admission and discharge summaries
- Documentation reflects resident response to care plan and health
- Evaluation of resident status and response to prn medication is documented in MAR
- Documentation of all medications given or reason for omission is completed in MAR
- All required documentation of resident activities is completed such as elopement, incident reports, drug counts, etc.
Effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, due to changing federal, state, and local regulations, specific requirements may change your duties. Thus the omission of certain areas does not exclude your accountability/responsibility to the facility.
- Hold a valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse from the state in which services are provided.
- Maintain current CPR certification