"Vision Center brought to you by Walmart", a division of National Vision, has an immediate opening for a Sales Associate
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
The Sales Associate is responsible for selling, fitting and dispensing eyewear to customers.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Meets or exceeds NVI's sales and company objectives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by creating a warm and welcoming environment for customers by: Greeting customers within 10 seconds.
- Identifying customer needs by asking, listening, and then linking their needs and wants.
- Applying "lifestyle" selling skills to present features and lens options.
- Closing the sale by ensuring the right balance between price and need.
- Developing customer trust by meeting specific delivery promises.
- Professionally delivering and confirming customer purchases by applying the proper fitting and adjusting techniques. o Building goodwill by contacting customers 5 days after delivery to thank them, ask how their glasses feel, invite them for free adjustments, and encourage them to tell others.
- Accurately processes orders for eyewear via the POS/SDS system.
- Accepts payment for all purchases according to company policies and procedures
- Takes optical measurement for patient eyewear as permitted by state law.
- Coordinates the distribution of eyewear products to patients according to NVI guidelines
- Assists with dispensing eyeglasses and contact lens to patients, as permitted by state law.
- Performs insertion and removal training of contact lenses to patients as directed by management and permitted by state law.
- Reviews reasons for redos and implements practices to correct.
- Answers, screens, and forwards incoming phone calls in accordance with NVI protocol.
- Contributes in the marketing of the store by passing out flyers, making PA announcements and participating in Business Builder events.
- Diligently maintains the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
- Ensures inventory control and loss prevention procedures are followed at all times. · Completes inventory count and replenishes stock as necessary.
- Maintains visual merchandising according to Brand and Company Standards.
- Keeps frame boards full and according to planograms. o Makes sure that backorder frames are pulled and the list maintained.
- Follows all store and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participates in regularly scheduled mandatory communications meetings in order to keep informed of changes in corporate policies and initiatives.
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong selling skills, aimed at meeting both the store's and self-sales targets, by following company policies.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Able to work and interact effectively within a host store environment, adhering to and promoting all host store policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6 to 8 hours).
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website at www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required