This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Midwest Region, BIA-Great Lakes Agency in Ashland, Wisconsin.
TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED. ANY RELOCATION EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH REPORTING FOR DUTY WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED EMPLOYEE.
Learn more about this agency
Provides assistance, advice, oversight, monitoring, and coordination for protection, management, planning, conservation, development, and utilization of trust and restricted lands.
Analyzes requests for land into trust and use of Indian-owned trust assets to determine the compatibility of proposed uses with agency mission and owner's needs.
Implements a trust real estate services program to accomplish the timely and efficient processing of applications for i.e., patents, removal of restrictions, disposals, acquisitions, rights-of-way, surface and subsurface leasing and permitting.
Consults with beneficiaries/lessees/other land owners and interested parties about the process options, documentation, and other needs that may be associated with contracting and/or conveyance activities.
Collaborates and coordinates contract and conveyance transactions with supervisor to ensure that the necessary clearances and procedures have been secured and completed (i.e. appraisals, NEPA, TSR).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
9 - A career ladder promotion is at the discretion of management, and in no way guaranteed.
- Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (title 25, USC Section 472). Form BIA -4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference.
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
- You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving record within the 3 year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: (OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for Administrative and Management Positions, GS-1170).
GS-05: I have 3 years of general experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least GS-4 grade level that demonstrates the ability to: analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; plan and organize work; and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Four (4) year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree.
GS-07: I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service that includes work performed involving substantial depth of data analysis; using knowledge of agency policies and procedures, federal statutes and laws, and a good understanding of real estate market, applicant will perform work in all areas of realty; oversees disposal of property, taking into consideration of conveyances; conduct negotiations with willing individuals or small groups; consult with leases and lessors and review lease packages.
1 full year of graduate level education OR Superior Academic Achievement (S.A.A.).
GS-09: I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service that includes work involving complex and extensive coordination and negotiation with landowners, tribal governments, or private property owners for land transactions; involving recommending corrective action or changes needed; provide proficient management of trust and restricted fee real property; process applications for land into trust, ensuring the protection, conservation and prudent utilization of Indian lands; collaborate and coordinate contrac