Job Title: Meat Service Counter Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Service Case Manager/Meat Manager
Maintains stock levels in the meat department by replenishing products as needed. Execute the boomerang theory by providing exceptional service to all guests.
Whether our guests are meal prepping, tailgating in a snowy December, hosting their summer BBQ, or prepping their Holiday ham, our Meat & Seafood Associates are their resource and expert providing exceptional service coupled with tips & tricks to ensure no matter the cut of meat, our guests feel confident to season & cook it perfectly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide customer service to guests
- Assist guests with supplying them with the items they need from the case
- Aid guests in finding items they are looking for on the sales floor
- Take orders and special requests
- Answer the telephone and assist callers using proper phone etiquette
- Ten tiling guests at all times
- Packages prepared products
- Reduces shrink by using the appropriate packaging
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package
- Fills, rotates, and removes products from the sales floor
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer date products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
- Maintains an adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
The Meat Service Counter Clerk is an hourly position that may be part-time or full-time.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.