QR Code Link to This Post
Position Title: General Technician
Looking for work but having car issues? QPS offers free transportation from our QPS offices to work, and back! We are currently looking for motivated individuals to work with a great company under new management and a great team environment that offers long term potential! We're hiring for a General Technician at a company in Milton, WI. This is a temporary position for 4th shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate all types of inserting machines
- Read the job instructions & stack envelopes or letters into mail machines
- Review the stock codes to ensure they are correct for each job
- Sort mail properly according to mail classification
- Make sure mail goes out properly without blanks by fanning both names and envelopes before and after inserting
- Produce at least the minimum requirement per hour
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets of mail around production floor
- Restock cardboard sleeves
- Operate plastic strapping machine to bind plastic strap onto boxes & operate hand scanning device
- Load boxes of mail onto pallets & hand shrink wrap pallets
- Must stand on feet for an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to twist, bend and reach
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to use their hands and be able to grasp and pinch envelopes, and have good eye/hand coordination
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have basic mathematics skills (counting)
- Must have the ability to read and interpret job instructions and letters
- Must have at least a limited English vocabulary
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Free transportation offered from Beloit & Janesville
Please email resume with contact information or apply online at: http://www.qpsemployment.com/job-seekers/search-results?Keyword=1086379&ZipCode=
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with over 45 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process
-Over 29 years of staffing experience
Best of all, our services are 100% free to job seekers!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.