Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
The position is located at our Kenosha, WI Manufacturing Facility.
Shift 6PM- 6AM
A Night in the Life of a Maintenance Technician:
- Provides support and training in areas of expertise.
- Provide team support in equipment trouble shooting, repair, and improvement.
- Maintain the minimum requirements to be qualified as a basic machine operator in either packaging or the process area. This will include equipment operation for a scheduled period of time each shift.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild packaging equipment (retail machine, case erectors, metal detectors, weight checkers, and printers).
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild conveyor systems (shaker, belt, chain, auger and air vey.)
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild power transmissions, hydraulics, pneumatics, steam systems, control valves and general plumbing.
- Provide assigned safety related training to team members.
- Assist in the execution of work orders, produce preventative maintenance, critical maintenance, safety and process improvement work orders.
- Maintain parts inventory processes
- Train, participate in, and utilize the Plant maintenance management systems. These systems will include, but are not limited to, electronic data systems, logs, contracted predictive and preventative maintenance data.
- Assist, advise, and communicate with teams when changes or experiments are taking place.
- Investigate, research, and initiate process improvements to support continuous improvement directions.
- Develop appropriate systems and PM's to correct, and alleviate process failures, and provide appropriate training.
- Advanced equipment Operation Consists of above:
- Ensure boiler and air compressor systems are operating at optimal capacity. Troubleshoot/repair as required.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild burner systems, pressure switches, flame sensors, flow switches, and level probes.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild steam traps, steam systems, compressed air systems, water systems, cooling systems and heat exchanger systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and calibrate pressure switches, level sensors, flow meters, and temperature controls.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild pumps (utility, sanitary, steam, centrifugal, PD, vacuum, and diaphragm.)
- Troubleshoot and repair plant electrical systems (motor controls, relays, starters, electric motors, etc).
What We Are Looking For:
- Machine Operations Skills
- Include but are not limited to the following:
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools
- Diagnostic Tools
- Machining Tools
- HVAC Systems
- Air Compressors
- Processing Equipment
- Fork Lift
- Aerial Lifts
- Must understand and comply with 5S process
- Safe Forklift operation
- Navigate controls screens
- Trending software
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Scanner program
- Word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Must be able to lift low to medium weight (10-30 lbs) materials on a regular basis and heavy (40-50 lbs) materials on an occasional basis
- Requires ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time during the twelve (12) hour shift
- Must be able to climb ladders and traverse catwalks
- Assume awkward positions in the course of working on and troubleshooting the machinery which can include but not limited to reaching overhead, twisting, bending over, working from laying position
- Must possess good reading, writing and math skills
- Good interpersonal skills associated with the need to work constructively in a team environment
- Good personal hygiene
- Ability to assume responsibility and work 12-hour shifts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manually operate equipment
- Ability to pass initial assessment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.