Job Title: Bagger
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
The Bagger is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, bagging groceries, and safeguarding company assets. Must provide prompt, friendly, reliable service to our customers by using proper bagging techniques and by offering accurate location of item information.
Guest Services Associates have an opportunity to treat every customer as a guest by creating meaningful and genuine interactions; you'll see our regular guests choosing their checkout lane based on their favorite cashier, not the line length!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Bags groceries, according to bagging procedures.
- Replaces cleaning and packing supplies used at checkout area(s), maintaining an orderly appearance.
- Be friendly, courteous, cooperative, and able to communicate with associates and customers.
- Responsible for maintaining standards according to the Guest Services expectations.
- Performs prompt parcel pick-up service.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Support and execute superior customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to bag efficiently while maintaining product integrity
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and lift or push 15-20 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds intermittently. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed in all weather conditions
The Bagger is an hourly position. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual's availability.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.