Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Telecom Engineer will be responsible for the design, expansion and day-to-day operations of OptumServe's telephony network, including but not limited to multiple VoIP PBX phone systems, Contact Center applications, Voice Mail, routing of calls, IVR scripts, analog lines, call accounting and call recording.
This role is responsible for the design, engineering and operations of the systems that support Multichannel (Voice, Video, Chat) for Contact Centers and Enterprise Voice. This role leads implementation, support and technical analysis of hardware, software or networks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the other IT Infrastructure Team members and managers, as well as other operations departments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the system implementations.
If you are located within 3 hours of La Crosse, WI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Diagnose, resolve and lead telephony systems project/issues of moderate to high risk and complexity from start to finish
- Evaluate current telecommunication infrastructure and recommend solutions, vendors and products to improve
- productivity and customer satisfaction
- Routinely monitors telephony systems to identify potential issues, and proactively applies corrective actions, informs management of problems or obstacles that may impact deliverables
- Coordinate/manages telecom projects, including planning, execution and coordination with vendors and employees
- Leads other team members with preparation and upgrade of systems, as well as design, implementation and documentation of various applications and software
- Leads creation of user training documentation, provides user training, as well as additional information necessary for the proper use of telecommunications equipment
- Acts as principal contact for telephony carrier services for coordination of repairs, new service and migrations, as well as provides 24x7 supports for critical production systems
- Lead design, engineering and operations of the voice data networks and related equipment. Provide project planning, implementation and support of new network or voice systems and direct technical analysis of hardware, software or networks
- Provide explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree
- 8+ years of hands on job experience in the telecommunication industry
Equivalent combination of applicable military experience will be considered
- Team Lead or Supervisory Experience
- Strong working knowledge of TCP, VoIP PBX and Call Center systems
- Certifications or equivalent experience that shows intermediate or advanced working knowledge of VoIP PBX systems, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), call center applications and IVR scripting
- Ability to provide level II technical support for work order request tickets on voice communication equipment in a timely fashion with minimal supervision and in a well-organized manner
- Strong customer service orientation with both internal and external customers
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.)
- If not on-site in La Crosse, WI, ability to work on location a few times a month (mileage and expenses covered)
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86—http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdfxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
- Genesys experience
- Mitel experience
- NICE Systems experience
- Strong creative and analytical problem-solving skills for design and testing of complex systems.
- Driven individual who enjoys learning and growing professionally, is goal oriented and collaborates well with the other
- team members
- Ability to work on more than one project/task simultaneously, strong analytical thinking and time management skills
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Telecom Engineer, La Crosse, WI, MN, Optum, LHI, VoIP PBX phone systems, Contact Center applications, telephony network, Genesys experience, Mitel experience, NICE Systems experience, IT Infrastructure Team, Leadership, Manager