We are seeking a Registered Nurse to:
- Assist patients with symptom-based calls outside of clinic business hours.
- Work as part of a team of nurses with an average of over 20 years of experience.
- Collaborate with on-call providers and other departments to meet patient needs.
Minimum - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred - BSN.
Minimum - Three years clinical experience required (varied clinical background preferred: Emergency Room, Urgent Care, Critical Care, Home Health, and/or Case Management).
Preferred - Five years of clinical experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Maintain state RN licensure in state where employed. Maintain CPR certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and service excellence.
- Interview/communication skills, advanced nursing assessment skills, advanced critical thinking/problem solving skills, and advanced teaching/counseling skills.
- Ability to work in a changing/dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work within approved procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision.
- Voice/speech pattern is articulate and has a pleasant tone.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable clinical assessments and judgments.
- Ability to educate patients.
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
- Strong data and PC skills. (Ability to operate a keyboard and type accurately and proficiently.)
- Maintain proficiency in UW Health Healthlink and information system technologies.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
20% FTE. Everyother Saturday and Sunday, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm. Holiday rotation required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health Administrative Facilities - UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.
Learn more about this opening
UW Medical Foundation benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.