JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide support to Strategic Marketing and Product Management in the design, launch, and commercialization of new products. Lead marketing input on New Product Realization teams for product line extensions and assist with introduction of new product platforms. Responsible for creation of content for marketing collateral including copy writing and editing delivered in print or electronic form and used in advertising, PR, articles, tradeshows and other channels. Through open communication with Regional Marketing and Product Managers, the marketing plan and associated tactics will support globalization and harmonization of new product introductions.
Upstream Marketing Activities
1. Use input from external (customers) and internal (Sales, Technical Services, Market Research) channels to help form customer-focused requirements during the Product Conceptualization and New Product Realization processes.
2. Work under direction of Global Strategic Marketing in a cross functional team with Sales, Operations, Technical Support, Legal and R&D to launch products that meet customer needs.
3. Perform market research and manage an alpha/beta test program to provide input on new product ideas and customer requirements.
Downstream Marketing Activities
4. Assists Strategic Marketing Manager and/or Product Managers in the production of product/technology tactical marketing plans and ensures alignment with other corporate functions.
5. Production of tactical marketing collateral and execution of Marketing Plan in support of new product launches and promotions.
6. Communication of Marketing Plan and collateral with Regional Marketing and Product Managers.
7. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. May help provide input and support on New Product Realization projects for new product platforms or major strategic initiatives.
2. May be required to interact with customers and the Sales organization to gain input on product concepts or to present technical information on products and portfolios.
3. Provide customer-facing presentations or webinars describing technical capabilities of product and customer benefits.
4. Author articles independently or in cooperation with technical experts (both internal and external) for publication in internal or third-party journals or websites.
5. Technical representation at various conferences/vendor shows, workshops and seminars, may require travel.
1. B.S./M.S./PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related area.
2. Minimum of 3 years' lab experience in molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein biochemistry.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey both technical and marketing information.
4. Team player with good interpersonal skills.
5. Highly motivated self-starter with strong bias for action result-orientation; tackles tough problems with firm deadlines.
6. Communicate and negotiate effectively with several levels of co-workers and external contacts, both in writing and verbally. Adapts style and approach to suit different audiences.
7. Build rapport and gains support/commitment.
8. Effectively and efficiently prioritize multiple projects and resources based on an awareness of business goals and priorities in a rapidly advancing market.
1. Previous industry related experience in Product/Marketing Management, Technical Services and/or Sales.
2. Market research fundamentals including objectives, question formulation, methodology (surveys, focus groups, etc.).
3. Preferred experience working with international branch or distributor marketing organization to effect global product launch, positioning and promotion.
4. Understanding product life cycle and application to product portfolio.
5. Business fundamentals in strategy, financial analysis and planning, including SWOT analyses and problem solving, analysis, recommendation and action plans.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment and basic software (preparing documents, email, scheduling).
3. Ability to travel.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.