A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Packaging Associate position is a key position in the production and shipping of high quality, safe pet food.
This role performs many duties on the Packaging Line and within the warehouse as directed by the Packaging Line Lead or the Shift Manager. They are responsible for the manual Packaging and Palletizing of product, applying shipping labels and stretch wrap while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Rotate through the various functions on the Packaging Line during the Shift.
- Manual Bag Hanging and Filling
- Gusset folding
- Manual Palletizing
- Stretch wrapping and shipping label application
- Inspect packaging quality to ensure the packaging meets Mars expectations.
- Inspect product while filling the bag to ensure the quality meets Mars Standards.
- Ensure the date code is accurate and being applied.
- Hand palletize as per the Customer’s Specifications and expectations.
- Ensure that filled bags that are rejected for metal are maintained in the proper area until inspected and the reject is noted on the appropriate paperwork.
- Remove damaged bags from pallets and repair as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Know and practice all Safety and GMP requirements in assigned work areas.
- Perform Packaging Line Changeovers.
- Plant start up and shut down procedures.
- Adhere to all plant policies and adapt to changes as assigned.
- All others duties as assigned.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when required
- Willing to work various shifts
- Must be willing to communicate with Shift Manager, Line Lead, Maintenance, and
Co-workers about issues and concerns as related to the line operations
- Willing to work in a position that requires you to stand or walk continuously throughout the shift
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
- Good communication skills
- Ability to establish good peer relationships
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.