Civil Inspector - #87835
TRS Staffing Solutions Australia
POSITION TITLE : CIVIL INSPECTOR.
LOCATION : BATU HIJAU EXPANSION PROJECT, SUMBAWA.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE : 12 / 24 MONTH CONTRACT.
NATIONALITY : LOCAL INDONESIAN
The Civil Inspector reports to the Lead Civil Superintendent and is responsible for supervising and directing operations within the civil (earthworks discipline). Supervises and directs craft, subordinate supervisors, and others, as assigned to the civil earthworks team. Ensures assigned construction performance is following specifications and within schedules and budgets.
• Plan and direct the work activities within assigned construction crafts in alignment with available engineering deliverables, tools, construction equipment, and materials, coordinate with other crafts as necessary
• Confirm that subordinate line supervisors and construction craftsmen are trained and
knowledgeable of specifications and work procedures, that material is being utilized to ensure
optimum efficiency, and that work is being performed in conformance with specified quality
• Assist with management of contractor activities in conjunction with contracts administration
• Monitor the work activities schedules and manpower requirements to meet established
completion dates together with optimized productivity
• Approve or authorize the coordination of craft personnel, material, and equipment needed to
• Oversee all activities with a driven focus on change management and project controls elements
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a
natural part of all work performed
• Manage all small tools and consumables to assure a cost effective and productive construction
• Manage construction equipment as required, including planning, monitoring, and controlling
such as needed to assure safe and efficient construction execution
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper
means and methods for all construction activities
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying
complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely
manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develops and applies the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meets expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Basic Qualifications
• University/B.S degree in Engineering plus 6 years of experience or 10 years of equivalent industry experience in-lieu of a degree.
• Experience on an mining construction site especially in Indonesia.
• Heavy industrial direct hire construction experience commensurate with the type of work to be undertaken
• Working knowledge of structural construction operations, construction surveying, excavation and backfill operations, and concrete installation.
• Technical knowledge of drainage including open-cut excavation, trenching, grading, and general construction work in and around sensitive watercourses.
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving ability
• Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.).
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.