External Relations Division 2 Officer - #106191
Association of Southeast Asian Nations
Job Reference Number :
Opening Date :
Job Title :
External Relations Division 2 Officer
Closing Date :
Job Description :The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was founded in 1967 with the purpose of promoting regional cooperation in Southeast Asia, in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region. ASEAN comprises ten (10) countries in Southeast Asia. It was proclaimed a Community through the “Kuala Lumpur Declaration on ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together”, signed by the Leaders of ASEAN Member States at the 27th ASEAN Summit in 2015. The ASEAN 2025 calls for the ASEAN Community to forge ahead together, and to work towards building a community that is politically cohesive, economically integrated and socially responsible
The ASEAN Secretariat was established in 1976 by the Foreign Ministers of ASEAN with the basic function of providing greater efficiency in the coordination of ASEAN organs and for more effective implementation of ASEAN projects and activities. It is also envisioned to be the nerve center of a strong and confident ASEAN Community that is globally respected for acting in full compliance with its Charter and in the best interest of its people.
In line with the ASEAN 2025 and the key aspirations of the three ASEAN Community pillars, namely: Political Security Community, Economic Community and Socio-Cultural Community, supported by the Department of Community and Corporate Affairs, the ASEAN Secretariat is inviting qualified Indonesian citizens or ASEAN Nationals who are currently residing and recruited in Indonesia to apply for the position of Officer for External Relations Division 2, ASEAN Political-Security Community Department.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of IDR 16,835,950 and attractive remuneration package including monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation & life insurance, annual bonus of a month’s basic salary, and gratuity. Subject to good performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years, inclusive of the 6-month probationary period.
- Reporting to the Assistant Director/Head and Senior Officer of External Relations Division 2, the Officer shall be responsible to:
1. Provide effective technical, administrative and substantive support for the ASEAN-UN Comprehensive Partnership, ASEAN-Switzerland Sectoral Development Partnership, and ASEAN-Germany Development Partnership.
- Compile and/or provide relevant documents such as briefing notes, talking points and presentations for meetings.
- Assist at meetings; draft meeting reports.
- Assist in the coordination of follow-up actions and decisions with relevant internal and external parties.
- Assist in communicating and coordinating with focal points and relevant stake holders under the above-described purview.
2. Ensure effective monitoring of projects, programmes and activities under the ASEAN-UN Comprehensive Partnership, ASEAN-Switzerland Sectoral Dialogue Partnership, and ASEAN-Germany Development Partnership.
- Assist in formulating, appraising, implementing and monitoring the programmes/projects under relevant Plans of Action/Work Plans.
- Liaise with UN, Switzerland, Germany and European countries for project approval procedures.
- Maintain project database.
3. Facilitate ASEAN’s engagements with 9 individual countries in Central and Eastern Europe as well as the relevant ASEAN Committee in the Third Countries (ACTC) in Central and Eastern Europe, including in preparing the summary reports of the ACTC activities.
4. Facilitate requests of the ASEAN Member States, Canada and the UN as well as other relevant partners as required.
5. Strengthen writing skills as well as improve time management, focus and discipline in performing day-to-day activities assigned by the supervisors and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) with strong academic qualifications preferably in External Relations, Political Science, Economics, Management, or other appropriate specialist discipline; or Bachelor degree in any (or more) of the above specialist discipline(s) with two (2) years of qualifying work experience in a recognised specialised field may also be considered.
- Good knowledge and technical skills in the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, problem solving, planning and development of policies and procedures.
- A sound understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN ideals.
- Demonstrated ability to work and motivate staff in a complex work environment; and work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environments and international settings.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken; and.
- Competency in computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.