Global Logistics Manager | Batam, Indonesia - #91004
Austin is a leading global provider of innovative engineering mining solutions and products. Austin (ASX:ANG) is a leading designer, builder, and sustainer (on and off mine site) of customised mining solutions for the world’s largest mining companies. Headquartered in Perth, Australia, Austin provides our partners across six continents, innovative and market-leading end-to-end mining solutions. From our facilities in Australia, Indonesia, Africa, Canada, America, Chile. Austin delivers a global and local presence in the world’s principal mining regions delivering high-quality, cost-effective solutions, delivered on time and backed by a life of product support.
Your future role
The Robotics Operator has a responsibility for ensuring a high standard of welding on Austin Engineering Ltd Products, within a time frame set whilst maintaining efficient quality control consistent with Company Standards.
- Follow all Austin Engineering Ltd Policies and Procedures including but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Personal Protective Equipment Policy, Environmental Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Fitness for Work Policy, Injury Management Policy, Non-Smoking Policy, Alcohol and Drugs Policy and The Safety and Induction Handbook
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and procedures of workshop robotics equipment and continually review existing plant locations for maximum efficiency.
- Weld products in accordance with approved weld procedures and drawings.
- Operate Robots and within company safety Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure all new programmes are backed up.
- Ensure Product quality prior to dispatch from robot cell.
- Report needs for repairs and maintenance of robotic equipment.
- Ensure company engineering standards are followed without exception on all items fabricated within the workshop.
- Adhere to supervisor instructions and discuss any problems or issues with your supervisor.
- Ensure responsibility is taken for your Austin Engineering Ltd toolbox and equipment supplied by the company. Any equipment found defective it is the employees’ responsibility to tag out following the Austin Engineering Ltd tagging procedure and report to your department supervisor.
- Actively model company policies and practices as per direction from Department Supervisors.
- Follow Austin Engineering Ltd Personal Protective Equipment Policy at all times and it is the employee’s duty of care to maintain work clothing and safety boots at all times.
- Agree to medical, hearing tests and drug and alcohol tests when requested.
- Ensure adequate notification is given to your direct supervisor for any absences.
- Promote a strong work ethic by ensuring time management is maintained at all times including the start and finish of your shift along with on the job tasks.
- To be at your workstation at all times to ensure maximum productivity and output is achieved on a daily basis.
- To consistently maintain your direct work area in a tidy and safe manner.
- Actively participate in workshop safety meetings (to be held monthly) in order to ensure that all issues associated with safety, productivity, grievances etc. are adequately aired in an open forum.
- Continually model a team environment and atmosphere amongst fellow employees.
- Ensure clock on and clock offs are recorded for each shift on your clock card and daily time sheets are completed accurately in a timely manner.
As an employee at Austin Engineering you are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others around you, therefore you must ensure:
- That as an employee you are able to perform work in such a manner that yourself or those around you are not exposed to hazards.
- That as an employee full compliance with health and safety requirements are followed to ensure occupational health, safety and welfare of yourself or those around you is maintained within the workplace.
- That as an employee you will use adequate protective clothing and equipment as is practicable to protect yourself and those around you against hazards where it is not practicable to avoid such hazard.
- That regular work area inspections are performed and that all potential hazards are removed or the risk minimized at the earliest opportunity.
- That job hazard analysis (J.H.A.’s) are performed for all processes carried out within your work area and that all potential hazards are removed or the risk minimized at the earliest opportunity.
- Other duties as required by management within the scope of your abilities and knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience
- Trade Certificate in fabrication or equivalent trade qualification preferred.
- Previous industry experience in heavy steel manufacturing industry.
- Sound working knowledge and experience of the Australian Standards, AS1554 Part 1 and Part 4.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to carry out programming of robotic products.
- Experience using a plasma cutting machine.
- Understanding of Technical drawings.
Work Environment & Behaviours
- Promote a positive HSEQ culture in the workplace.
- Lead by example, be committed, demonstrate accountability, and inspire positive attitudes towards the organisation, managers, colleagues and subordinates.
- Develop a collaborative workplace environment fostering teamwork, respect for others and adhering to Austin values.
- Ability to be flexible and work additional hours as when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate and assist others by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
We offer the successful candidate
- Competitive salary and employee support
- Supportive, dynamic, professional, and evolving company
- Employee benefit scheme with amazing discounts at major retailers etc.
- Growth and career opportunities working in a global organisation
At Austin Engineering our people are valued as vital members of our diverse and expanding workforce. We provide a supportive and inclusive team environment, where learning and development are encouraged and promoted.
Robot Operator/ Welder (Night Shift) Job in Kewdale, Perth WA – SEEK
Come and join the future……a truly global world-class team
If you believe you have what it takes to join an equal opportunity company that prides themselves on growth through safety, quality and diversity, please contact us today and make sure you attach your cover letter and CV