Laundry Attendant - #106636
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the hotel's and guests' laundry, delivery of laundry to the linen room, guests or designated areas in line with Hilton and the hotel policies and procedures.
What will I be doing?
As the Laundry Attendant, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Proper handling of the different types of linen.
- Use equipment and chemicals appropriately.
- Report any faulty equipment to the Laundry team immediately.
- Handle guest items with utmost care to avoid damages, shrinkage, lost buttons, etc.
- Answer guests' calls and requests in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Collect guests' laundry when requested and ensure that the correct room numbers are tagged to it.
- Inspect all laundry items and note any damages, discoloration etc. before and after cleaning.
- Report to the team leader if you do not know the material of the clothes, before handling.
- Prepare costings for guests' laundry, ensuring correct and prompt billings.
- Package and deliver guests' laundry to correct guestrooms.
- Ensure guest needs and reasonable requests are met.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Responsible for the collection and distribution of uniform for hotel team members.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to the hotel's policies and procedures, Hilton code of business conduct, the hotel's team member handbook, security and emergency policies and procedures.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Laundry Attendant serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Possess a High School degree.
- A least 1 year of experience in the same position in a 5-star international branded hotel or comparable industry related experience.
- Able to work under physical and mental pressure.
- Knowledgeable of clothing materials and how to handle them.
- Able to operate the laundry machine.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!