Senior Consultant - Solar - #106118
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About Energy Systems
We help customers navigate the complex transition to a decarbonized and more sustainable energy future. We do this by assuring that energy systems work safely and effectively, using solutions that are increasingly digital. We also help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry
About the role
DNV provides services to a variety of clients in the renewable energy space. The group focuses primarily on Wind and Solar projects for clients that need to solve all kinds of technical challenges. DNV’s clients include the largest and most well-known Developers, Investors, Asset Managers, EPC Contractors, Manufacturers, and Lenders in wind and solar.
You will lead projects with multi-disciplinary teams in order to provide a coordinated approach to solve client’s technical problems. These projects may include work packages that consist of:
1. Feasibility studies, conceptual design and energy assessment.
2. EPC tender, evaluation, and selection.
3. Owner’s engineering and construction management.
4. Technical due diligence.
5. Asset management and optimization.
Successful delivery of these projects will require you to:
- Be the primary point of client communication and lead the delivery of DNV’s work packages.
- Manage and control quality, cost, and schedule of DNV’s work packages in order to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Understand risks and provide mitigation measures associated with solar project development at various conditions and phases.
- Review PPA agreements, EPC contracts, and O&M contracts.
- Understand the latest local regulations related to solar PV plants and grid connection.
- Connect the latest research on technology to benefit our clients
- You will support other projects regionally in APAC with your technical expertise in one of the following areas: Land based or floating solar technology, PVSyst energy predictions, SCADA data analysis, or your relevant field in engineering. This will require you to:
- Contribute to technical reports in field of expertise by clearly communicating findings along with engineering judgement.
- Perform solar site inspections and evaluate site capacity potential for Greenfield project evaluations.
- Be involved in technical advisory tasks related to independent and owners engineering services, focussed on the review of design considerations of solar energy plants.
Assist with business development activities including:
- Develop and maintain client relationships with lenders, developers, funds and investors.
- Understand their development and investment plans and discuss and promote services that would best suit their requirements in markets that they are investing.
- Establish client relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the solar industry.
- Develop, write and manage/facilitate terms of reference and/or proposal development process;
- Act as an effective liaison between Client and DNV, as well as an Ambassador for DNV's business solutions and capabilities.
What we offer
- Flexible work arrangements for better work-life balance.
- Generous Paid Leaves (Sick leaves policy/ Annual leaves policy).
- Medical benefits - Annual Health Check-up.
- Training and Development Assistance (Training Sponsorship, On-The-Job Training, Training Programe).
- Additional Benefits (Long Service Awards, Mobile Phone Reimbursement).
- Profit Share.
*Benefits may vary based on position, tenure/contract/grade level*DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering;
- Track record of solar projects or relevant solar experience
- Track record of leading projects with strong organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and the local language
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people – clients and co-workers;
- Possession of advanced technical degree or relevant project management certifications such as PMP is considered a plus;
- Flexibility and adaptability – issues and tasks may change quickly;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Desire to work in an international team.