Senior Software Engineer - #106574
Sunday is a fully-integrated sales and services Insurtech headquartered in Thailand and Indonesia that uses artificial intelligence and digital platforms to offer personalized insurance products and services that suit all types of individual and business risks. Here to reinvent the entire insurance value chain, the company offers its end-to-end solutions via its partners and proprietary distribution channels.
Why take a chance with us? We are a team player of results-driven professionals who know how to have fun too!
Join us to work with a global team of leading talents in software engineering, big data and insurance as we embark on a mission to reinvent the insurance technology space and start seeing your work transform markets across Asia and the world.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer each day, you'll be...
- Design, develop, test, review, deploy, maintain and improve software in an Open Source and Agile environment.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Analyst, and users to design the scalable architecture that aligns with the business plan.
- Write clean, reusable, maintainable code with a good code coverage
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
- Managing software projects from priorities, deadlines and deliverables for yourself and team members.
- Develop software solutions by studying needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes and investigating problem areas.
- Assess the feasibility of software solutions by evaluating available resources and project requirements.
- Able to coach and be a mentor for team members on technical technique and issues.
- Scalable coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and agile development
- Practical knowledge of modern development principles and best practices (TDD, OOP, design patterns, unit testing, CI/CD) that understands the balance between perfection and delivering value in a timely manner.
- Capable of smoothly overseeing service, components and products of our company.
- You will work with our Indonesia & Thailand world-class talents who get technology. They are awesome. They like to experiment. They are not afraid to fail. They dress casually to work. They will grow together with you.
What we would like you to have...
- Have at least 5 years of experience as Full-stack Engineer (Backend & Frontend)
- Experience in either managing a small development team or being a technical mentor for juniors
- Have strong experience in mobile apps development
- Be strong in this kind of languages: Backend (Node.js with Typescript) and Frontend (React Native)
- Have strong fundamentals in database systems and computing networks.
- Very good at problem-solving and troubleshooting production issues
- Experience in using Cloud Service Providers such as AWS
- Experience with either Extreme programming, Agile development or TDD. Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-regional environment.
- Experience building and maintaining multiple application/services both in Microservices and Serverless environment
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) is a plus
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code (laC) is a plus
- Experience building event-driven architecture in the small-medium scale
- Experience working with Event Sourcing/Event Storming using Kafka, Caching with Redis
- Experience in using Docker/ Kubernetes
- Data modeling experience in Relational databases (PostgreSQL) or Non-relational databases (MongoDB) and ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services.
- A strong communicator, with excellent English skills (both verbal & written)
- In addition to the above, you must be passionate about new technologies, digital innovation, CODING, learning and partying.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code (laC)
- Identify business requirements for company products and services and be able to design an architecture for company services.
What's the catch, then?
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid Mode
- Unlimited Paid Leave
- Fully Covered BPJS Employment & BPJS Health
- Festive Allowance
- Private Insurance (Inpatient, Outpatient, Dental, Glasses) - cover employees and their families
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organization
- Strategic office location, accessible by MRT/KRL (SCBD)
- Hybrid work system
- Laptop devices
- Friendly, dynamic and fast pace work environment
- Opportunity to take part in growing Insurance Tech company