USEFM Office Management Assistant - #106238
Announcement Number: Jakarta-2024-003 Hiring Agency: Embassy Jakarta Position Title: USEFM Office Management Assistant (Open to USEFMs - all agencies) Open Period: 01/19/2024 02/23/2024 Format MM/DD/YYYY Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7 Series/Grade: FP - 0120 7 Salary: USD $42,391 /Per Year Work Schedule: Part-time - 20 hours/week Promotion Potential: FP-7
Jakarta, Java, ID
The work schedule for this position is:
- Part Time (20 hours per week) As the position is Part-Time, the final salary determination will be half of a Full-Time salary - see Full-Time salary listed above)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Back to top
The Executive Staff Aide provides a full range of staff support to the Ambassador (AMB) and Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) and ensures the smooth and timely flow of information and tasks to and from the Executive Office. The position reports directly to the DCM at the 7th largest U.S. Embassy with over 1,500 employees and 40 agencies. The Staff Aide works closely with agency and section heads and the AMB and DCM’s Office Management Specialist (OMS).
Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two-year working experience in secretarial/ administrative work in a professional office environment is required (Please note that one credited year of working experience is equal to 40 hours/week x 52 weeks or 2080 hours.)Education Requirements:
Completion of two years of full-time post-secondary study is required (for non-US educational certificate/degree, please also provide US education equivalency certification/transcript)Evaluations:
LANGUAGE: Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. This may be tested EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientationQualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Indonesia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Back to top
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet siteRequired Documents:
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position. All Applicants:
- Professional Diploma with transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor's
Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Indonesia
Back to top