Day Stocker - #19503076
Job Title: Day Stocker FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 05/2020
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Unloads product, opens containers, stocks shelves, and rotates product where necessary.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director, Mgr of HWH, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers; 2nd Assistant Managers; Night Stock Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Unloads trucks, opens containers, stock the shelves, runs overstock on risers and rotates product.
- Monitors for mis-picked items, reviews product outs, wrong deliveries, etc.
- Organizes stock for greatest efficiency; cleans and restocks damaged items.
- Tags the shelves with overstock in the back room and understock drawers.
- Reports all new or different items for the scanning coordinator for input into the system.
- Maintains adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates register for customer purchases.
- Trains new day stockers in job duties.
- Outside maintenance; shovel sidewalk of snow, spread ice melt on ice, and pick up and return carts.
- Stocks supplies, cigarettes, front-end sacks, and delivers supplies to departments.
- Cleans but not limited to registers, restrooms, breakroom; backroom, sweeps and mops the floor, and tends to supply needs.
- Orders merchandise and supplies as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Six months or less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform very heavy work, exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
This position is exposed to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazard, and chemicals/solvents daily. This position is also occasionally exposed to temperature extremes and the potential for electrical shock.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Power jack, compactor, C.A.R.S. system, check register, fork lift, scales, Tomra machines, two wheeler, and box cutter.
Responsible for supplies, stock, and for checking the cooler.
Has daily contact with community or trade/professional organizations, suppliers/vendors, and customers.