Customer Service Manager - #19503090
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Customer Service Manager is a key position within Supply Chain that is responsible for managing daily operations and coaching the Customer Service Leads and Customer Service Representatives. The position is responsible to ensure there is an excellent vendor – customer relationship between BIC and our customers. The accounts overseen represent revenue of approximately $1B+. This position has responsibility for the activities of 8 Account Management experts and 1 Compliance Lead. This position has a high level of autonomy to work cross-functionally and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. The Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls all operational activities. The selection, professional development, and motivation of all customer service employees is a key responsibility. This position is also accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to budget, productivity, and OTIF levels. The Manager provides continuous training and opportunities to promote growth. In addition, has responsibility for customer compliance within the customer service organization, working closely with Mangers within the Supply Chain, Sales, IT, Legal and Credit Services departments. The objective is to meet customer expectations and requirements, with the outcome of reducing/eliminating penalty deductions. This position has a high level of autonomy to work cross-functionally and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the Joint Business Growth Plan with our Clients and the BIC Commercial Team
- Understand the complete Order To Cash process of the company to find improvements that allow the implementation and / or improvement of processes that allow the company to be more agile and have a better flow of our orders from receipt to delivery and collection
- Oversees management of critical stock issues, shipping conflicts, special requests from customers and product transitions to deliver orders on-time and complete
- Ensures that all incoming orders are managed to achieve the desired excellent customer relationship
- Analyzes performance metrics (OTIF), identifies opportunities for improvement and implements solutions
- Develop analytical skills of staff to allow users to proactively utilize reports and customer websites to compare and monitor service level activity
- Direct workflow and assignment of special projects
- Handle escalated issues affecting customer or system problems
- Reviews Customer Guides to ensure BIC meets customer requirements and avoids associated penalties that could result from non-compliance
- Develop and implement processes to report measured performance that will be provided to Sales Management to assist in providing details of customer profitability.
- Balance customer’s expectations with BIC’s business needs, taking the customer’s perspective, identifying problems and offering solutions in order to ease the process and improve service efficiency levels
- Model strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Builds internal, cross-functional relationships to promote customer collaboration and transparency
- Partners and collaborates with various departments to ensure timely shipments and meet customer’s requirements
- Manages critical stock issues, shipping conflicts, special requests from customers and product transitions to deliver orders on-time and complete
- Provides direction to team for order maintenance and other administrative tasks
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement projects in collaboration with managed accounts to constantly improve performance and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum of 10 years consumer packaged goods (CPG) preferred, customer account management, customer service, and/or logistics management experience
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strong cross functional collaborative skills, and ability to manage the diverse goals of a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and implement corrective action with timely follow up
- Capable of interfacing effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Key competencies include focusing on goals, communication and collaboration, sound judgment, leading others to work together, customer focus and effective decision making
- Experience and proficient with JDE Edwards One World, COGNOS, and Power BI
- Solid computer skills – Excel, Word, Power Point.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.