Area Sales Director, Rheumatology - #19503097
Working at Horizon is more than a job – it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most – the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
- Leads area geography and team of specialty account managers (SAM's) as a business to ensure market penetration and analyzes the market dynamics and sets goals to ensure that sales plans are achieved within the Rheumatology space.
- Provides a clear, compelling sales purpose both clinically and business wise for the team members.
- Ensures the effective and appropriate use of resources, including territory management tools (computer, fleet car, etc.).
- Builds business strategy and strategic impact in line with corporate goals.
- Manages operational expenses and program funding.
- Ensures that team members operate within regulatory guidelines in all aspects of promotion, program implementation, and product compliance
- Ensures responsible organization is trained and prepared to maximize business/sales potential, and that the product message is crisp, clear and consistently delivered with high impact.
- Achieves organizational sales goal volume and reach / frequency objectives.
- Establishes a productive work environment by creating trust and respect within the broader National Rheumatology sales team and establishes self as a business partner across the GBU.
- Must be able to work closely with and effectively collaborate across all divisions within the GBU to achieve business objectives.
- Develops an atmosphere of confidence and strength and creates opportunities to recognize and reward outstanding individual and team sales performance.
- Builds an organization reflecting a highly professional workforce in the eyes of external and internal partners. Addresses performance issues decisively and appropriately.
- Develops internal and external customer relationships to successfully drive Horizon's business objectives within the Rheumatology space.
- Fosters informative flow and delivers influential messages that gain support for initiatives
- Develops and communicates a professional growth plan.
- Continually educates self and team on rheumatology market issues / trends and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business interests.
- Applies new / innovative technologies to enhance efficiency, expands knowledge base and refines skill building.
- Weekly ride-along's for coaching with SAM's.
- Represent the organization at local, regional and national trade shows.
- Provide input to regional and national sales meetings (content and objectives).
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all customers and coworkers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Horizon.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required; Graduate business or healthcare related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years sales management or 8+ years pharma/account management experience.
- Sales experience in biologics, infusion, and/or rare/specialty products preferred.
- Buy-and-bill experience preferred.
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred.
- Requires approximately 50% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications Required for Internal Candidates (in addition to above):
- Minimum of 6 months in current role (at time of application)
- In good standing with performance expectation, HR and compliance
- Approval from direct manager and senior leadership
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.