Base Cost FP&A Analyst - #19503098
GE Current, a Daintree company
Current transforms commercial and industrial organizations with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com
The Base Cost Analyst role leads and owns global base cost metrics that are critical for gauging success and executing on our long-term business objectives. We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Base Cost FP&A Analyst that flourishes in a collaborative environment with a global group. We are a hard-working and motivated team, with a belief in flat organizational structures and empowering our members to own their roles, which will enable them to provide tremendous value to the organization. As a result, employee development becomes exponential in this fast paced, fun and demanding work environment.
The role supports global base cost FP&A processes including monthly/quarterly reporting, forecasting, and budgeting. Provides business support, analysis, and partnership across multiple areas of base cost Financial Planning and Analysis by being a thought partner for multiple stakeholders including the Director of FP&A, CFO and the general leadership team (Commercial, Technology, Product Management, Manufacturing etc.). Conducts financial analysis to interpret and explain results, identify trends/patterns and measure results against plan and explain variances. Oversees and develops processes to leverage informational systems to evaluate results and develop analytical tools to improve business decision making and performance. Prepares and delivers information, reports, and presentations on findings in a clear cohesive manner to drive business decision making. Reports to Base Cost FP&A leader.
· Closing/Reporting: Supports the development and execution of monthly forecast/actuals, quarterly budgeting and monthly Operating Review materials in coordination with the broader FP&A organization
· Closing/Reporting: Coordinates across the finance team to explain base cost movements (headcount, contractors, T&L, external services etc.) for both historical period comparisons and forward-looking estimates to improve forecasting processes.
· Closing/Reporting: Develops and oversees execution of KPI reporting for business leadership team using ERP and management reporting systems reviews business results, identifies and provides insight on key drivers of performance and initiates recommendations for improvement.
· Budget/Planning: Supports business planning processes while coordinating directly with functional owners & HR counterparts by setting global timeline and coordinating consolidation while providing thought leadership to the CFO & Director of FP&A.
· Budget/Planning: Provide benchmarking and guidance/inputs to ensure best in class cost structures.
· Business Analysis: Ad hoc business analysis and trend reporting on headcount, contractors, T&L, external service and other key base cost categories.
· Capital Planning: Works to develop plan for capital expenditure budget in conjunction with functional stakeholders and coordinate with accounting team to perform reporting and budget variance analysis on capital expenditures for the business
· Information Systems: Identifies and leads implementation of management reporting architecture improvements to support automation and transparency of business results/performance to hasten business decision making
- Minimum BS/BA in Finance or Accounting, preferably master’s degree in finance or Accounting
- Approximately 3-7 years FP&A/accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial organization
- High level of energy with a proactive attitude
- Strong knowledge of financial principles and their applications
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to perform analyses, conclude decisions, and take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and embrace change
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure
- Ability to respond to issues quickly and effectively while responding and adapting to changing work situations and environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while consistently delivering results
- Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across the organization
- Advanced systems and computer skills including SAP, OneStream, BI, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
GE Current will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States.