Senior Conference Planner (initially remote) - #19503107
Celebrating our 18th year, Teracore, Inc. ( www.teracore.com ) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) classified management consulting and information technology services firm with staff in Washington, D.C. and Atlanta. We prime 95% of our projects with a 40% contract win ratio (#1 awardee in our category on both DHS PACTS and EAGLE II IDIQs). Teracore consultants average more than 12 years of professional experience, nearly 60% percent have advanced degrees in business or technology related fields, 90% have professional certifications, and 50% have advanced professional certifications.
Teracore is committed to creating and maintaining a corporate environment and culture that promotes long-term employment. We hire employees who are looking for a career and not just their next "gig." We build and foster our corporate culture through:
Keeping small business, friendly atmosphere – you are not just a number here at Teracore…real people adding value…one person at a time
Focusing on work/life balance – Teracore is a company that believes people function best in a balanced environment
Social events – From happy hours, to summer picnics and holiday parties, to outings at Nationals games, and regular Town Hall gatherings, we work hard to give employees not working on the same projects the opportunity to both meet “new faces” and keep close with prior teammates
Community events – Teracore emphasis on giving back to the community it serves – veteran and community volunteer efforts flourish in this culture
Focusing on making this a great place to work – Corporate engagement team ensures Teracore work hard, play hard culture
Conducting leadership workshops on building a positive corporate culture – it starts from the top down here…”be proud of where you work”
Communication and surveys -- we listen…you help drive the culture and we ensure its direction
A SharePoint suggestion box funneled to leadership team – we give you a multitude of avenues to be heard, be part of the team, and continuously making us better
What We Do:
Teracore understands how to integrate business consulting knowledge, process expertise, and IT to obtain desired results. Our core competencies include:
- Enterprise IT Consulting
- Budget and Financial Management Services
- Enterprise Cyber Management
- Tranformation Management
- PMO Services
- Strategic Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
Provide financial support services to our DHS Finance and Budget Division’s five branches: Budget Branch, Acquisition Branch, Financial Services Branch, Financial Operations Branch and Internal Controls Branch. This entails funds certification, processing of Intra Governmental Payment and Collection (IPACs) and commercial invoices, accounting of capital assets, reimbursable program financial management and generation of internal and external reports.
Task and Duties of the Travel Team:
Provide primary support to the Federal Conference point of contact (POC) who serves as a single POC for all client divisions for conference policies and processes, planning, approval, data capture, and analysis. The Senior Conference Planner shall provide the following support:
- Assists our client with implementing the federal regulations on conferences
- Assists our client with implementing Department conference approval process at the client, including reviewing the process to identify areas for streamlining and efficiency in our application of the process.
- Draft communications for distribution by FBD Conference POC on conference processes and procedures, approvals, policies, etc.
- Assists our client’s division in conducting market research on available conference venues, costs, a/v capabilities, etc.
- Identifies and documents possible cost reductions.
- Coveys DHS conference policies and procedures to our client’s divisions and follows appropriate guidance for all conference, workshops, and reviews.
- Drafts conference approval process forms, and conference estimates.
- Assists our client’s divisions attain all necessary conference approvals, as per DHS Conference Approval policy.
- Liaise with Financial Analysts and Financial Officers to help answer funding questions, track PR approval process, and identify conference funding execution figures.
- Develops process, tools and system to capture estimated conference
- Analyzes data monthly, quarterly, and yearly to identify trends and assist with further process/policy streamlining
- Assists with preparation of response to internal and external data calls related to the client’s conference activity.
- Conducts and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Develops process, tools and system to manage conferences records.
- Ensures conference files and records are current and well organized.
- Ensures records are disposed of in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- BA/BS, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in business or Government event and conference planning
- Experience in risk identification and mitigation strategy development
- Great time management and scheduling skills
- Ability to work across teams (organizational)
- 2-3 yrs MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- 1 year of experience in process control
- Experience in writing procedures
Additional Desired Experience/Skills:
- Prior DHS experience
- Knowledgeable with Federal Travel Regulations
- Working knowledge of Fedtraveler.com, EPIC
- BA/BS degree in related field
- US Citizenship Required / Background Investigation required to attain favorable public trust-level suitability (DHS entry on duty - EOD)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.