Spa Director - #19503116
Mokara Hotel and Spa
The Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio's world-famous Riverwalk is just steps from all the action yet worlds away. Mokara has a long-standing history of excellence. As the only four-star hotel in San Antonio, Mokara is the first choice for sophisticated travelers. Be a part of an attentive staff by making our guest stays a memorable one.
The Mokara Hotel & Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Mokara Hotel & Spa may be your perfect match.
To develop the overall vision and strategy for the spa. Implement processes to support the vision, increase revenue and enhance customer service in all areas of the spa.
- Ensure all associates are following Forbes Standards when delivering customer service
- The ability to oversee the entire Spa Operations facilities. Direct areas of responsibility include Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Nail techs, Hair Stylists, Spa concierge, Spa Front Office, Reservations, and Spa Retail
- The ability to arrange the training of the Spa to standards.
- The ability to help in the process of interviewing and selecting job applicants as well as supervise, discipline and give performance evaluations for your departments employees
- The ability to issue recommendations regarding the annual operating budget, capital, operating planning and further periodic evaluations of financial performance, including reports on sales and operations with supporting statistical data
- The ability to schedule staff and complete payroll records in accordance with budgeted guidelines
- The ability to ensure all equipment is kept in perfect working condition and reports any deficiencies to the proper department
- The ability to effectively communicate with all staff and managers
- Implements and monitors the budget plus manages expenses within the approved budget constraints for the entire Spa.
- To actively create and promote special promotions and events
- Must have minimum two years of Spa Director Management experience in a high volume spa.
- Familiar with Spa Forbes Standards
- Prior experience managing schedules, inventory, payroll, service recovery and associate relations required.
- Understanding of state and local regulations pertaining to spa operations, including maintaining the required health and safety standards.
- Understanding of modern techniques in cosmetology, nail services, massage therapy and estetician services required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage a high volume of reservations and guest requests
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a professional business environment
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Business Management preferred
- Thorough knowledge of service, cost control, labor controls, Spa menu writing, maintenance, merchandising and accounting
- Computer skills to include basic office programs
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statementIf you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.