Cardiac Hook-up Technician - Entry Level Position - #19503129
Medicomp is a successful, profitable, and growing cardiac monitoring company specializing in electrophysiology diagnostics with a 35 year history of innovation and superior technology. Last year we helped over 100,000 patients in over 12 countries and have multiplied our business by 5 times over the last 10 years. We operate 4 cardiac monitoring centers in Melbourne, FL, West Palm Beach, FL, Burtonsville, MD and San Francisco, CA. We pride ourselves in accomplishing what others consider impossible.
Medicomp has recently launched the world's first 4-in-1 Holter, Event, and Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT) monitor in a patch style device. We employ a patented and highly sophisticated algorithm and we can show you how to easily differentiate ourselves from the competition. In addition, we have completely revised our report format with many unique features that give control back to physicians.
To learn more about Medicomp, please visit: www.medicompinc.com
We are looking for a Full Time Cardiac Hookup Technician (30-40 hrs) to educate and setup patients on Medicomp's cardiac monitors and perform corresponding administrative tasks. This is an entry level position. We can train you if you don't have experience if you have a positive outlook, are professional and confident. If you have Epic/Heath Connect experience, that would be awesome! You need to be able to multi-task between patients which would be answering the phones and working on your computer. If you are self motivated and a problem solver, this is a great opportunity for you! If you love helping people and would love to work with a team of techs and other heatlhcare professionals, this may be a great fit for you and for us!
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primary location will be located in the Lafayette, CO area; flexibility to fill in at other locations if needed (Denver, Lone Tree)
- Process referrals for cardiac monitoring through Kaiser's Health Connect system
- Enroll patients for cardiac monitoring using Medicomp's online web enrollment
- Provide reports to Kaiser physicians
- Assist with urgent notifications during patient procedures
- Provide patient follow up including monitor assistance, monitor retrieval, general assistance
- Educate patients on the cardiac monitoring test
- Physically apply the cardiac monitor to the patient
- Provide troubleshooting support to patients
- Enter patient supply or replacements requests as needed
- Update Health Connect with patient procedure information
- Set up Holter monitors in the Medicomp MyHolter system (patient demographics, etc.)
- Download data from Holter monitors
- Responsible for maintaining positive, professional image and keeping Medicomp informed as to activity or changes that impact services provided
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Computer & administrative skills (accurate data entry, EMR charting, computer literate, able to become proficient in using multiple programs)
- Excellent communication skills with focus on patient interaction (educate patients on cardiac monitoring device)
- Able to physically assist patients in/out of exam room; in/out of chair as needed
- Direct patient contact when applying electrode patches to patient during setup
- Ideal person will have some experience in a medical environment preferably with direct patient care
- Must be flexible and takes pride in providing a positive experience for the patient.
- Confident and professional and able to work independently within a team.
- Definitely strong working knowledge/experience with computers.
- Professional "people skills"
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. Second language a plus.
- Google docs experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, STD, LTD,Healthiestyou/Teledoc, 401(k), 8 calendar holidays plus 2 floating holidays and 3 weeks vacation to start
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Medicomp does not discriminate against any applicant, employee or student on the basis of any protected category.