Patient Service Rep - Kerlan-Jobe Institute - #19503159
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for positive patient relations, accurate telephone communication, appointment scheduling, patient registration, as well as payment and co-payment collection. This position also performs routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and assist in resolving patient issues or raising patient issues.
- Check-in and check-out patients and collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments; verifies that patient demographic and insurance information is accurate in CS-Link.
- Schedule appointments, complete patient registration, collect patient payments and to provide a high level of patient service.
- Assists with the management of physician schedules and finds opportunities for improvement; handle patient/provider correspondence as instructed.
- Process and track referrals and authorizations for various insurance types.
- Handles patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work.
- Monitors and assess their own workflow and find opportunities for improvement.
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using administrative knowledge
- Participates in daily huddles and staff meetings.
- Actively promotes and practice infection prevention standards and all department policies and procedures.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree or college diploma preferred.
Two (2) years of experience working as a Patient Service Rep in an outpatient medical office setting preferred.
- Working Title: Patient Service Rep - Kerlan-Jobe Institute
- Department: Kerlan-Jobe Park Terrace
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions/Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day