Advisory Representative - #19503166
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
As a communicator, you know how to "get through" to people
You don't talk or write "at" people — you engage them with your very human approach that speaks to their needs, interests, and intellect. You "get through" to them by being genuinely empathetic and straightforward in a way that makes them receptive to your message. You also know how to inspire and facilitate dialogue that moves projects forward. Please communicate with us.
Marsh has an opening for an Advisory Representative to support the Client Advisor's in the Southeast Casualty insurance division. The Advisory Representative will provide administrative and clerical support duties for insurance placement activities, and maintain ongoing relationship with clients & team colleagues to effectively service clients.
What can you expect?
- This position is critical to successfully support a high volume book of business to Marsh insurance clients
- You will receive on the job, online and side-by-side training to be successful and productive in this role
- Work alongside senior level highly experienced colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
- A property and casualty broker's license will need to be obtained within two months of employment
What is in it for you?
- A company with an exceptional brand and proven results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance based bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.)
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will Count on you to:
- Work with Casualty Advisor to drive business and retention and improve the client experiences throughout the proposal and renewal process.
- Review contracts and audits, and follows up regarding endorsements, policy issuance, extensions and cancellations and escalates concerns to direct manager or client team, as appropriate.
- Monitor the renewal cycle by ensuring renewal protocol is completed (via tools available), gathering information, tracking quotes, and ensuring documents are issued correctly and on-time in accordance with our professional standards.
- Monitor the maintenance of proper records for reporting and audit purposes and processes insurance details into the database.
- Strengthens and maintains relationships with clients, prospects, client teams and producers to provide best in class service and drive growth and retention.
- Respond directly to simple and moderately difficult client questions and requests, and solicits assistance from Casualty Advisor as needed.
- Ensure all client information is collected, reviewed, updated and communicated to placement team for optimal program solutions and pricing.
- Obtain a P&C license within 60 days of hire
Welcoming different perspectives, like yours, is one of our strongest attributes
We're a community of individuals with different points of view who enjoy opportunities to share our skills and ideas. We genuinely value people who will articulate their perspectives while respecting those of others. We value diversity, so here, you will find no limits to your professional growth. We will welcome you into the stimulating process of exchanging ideas for personal and professional growth.
What you need to have:
- High School Diploma/GED required with a minimum of 5+ years' in an administrative/service support role for the insurance industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel) and Business Objects
- Familiarity with or ability to learn proprietary applications/databases
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking skills, as well as proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced team environment
What Makes You Stand Out?
- Bachelors or associates degree from a college or university
- P & C licensed
- Keen attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
Joining a supportive organization is the way to go
You don't have to handle challenging assignments or situations on your own. In our supportive environment, it's "all for one and one for all", meaning, we tackle problems and situations with good will and team effort. We respect, include, and look to promote individuals from diverse backgrounds based on the skills and perspectives they contribute in today's multicultural marketplace. Come join an organization that thrives on the positive energy of people working together towards a common goal.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.