Substitute Paraeducator Special Ed 2020-2021 - #19503170
Boulder Valley Public Schools
Substitute Paraeducator Special Education
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Vacancies for the following position are anticipated; applicants are encouraged to complete the application process to indicate their interest. If applicants are interested in any specific vacancies, they must apply to that specific posting.
Position: Special Education Paraeducator Substitute
- Assist students with severe disabilities in both the regular and special education classrooms
- Provide personal care to students as needed
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Provide careful and effective supervision of students
- Assist in the implementation of special education programming for students with disabilities
- Carry out instructional/behavioral objectives for individuals or small groups of students with disabilities
- Use positive reinforcement strategies to maintain a safe environment
- Maintain a clean and safe physical environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application (including 3 letters of recommendation and or reference surveys)
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- Coursework in education, human services, or related field
- Proven ability to work effectively with adults and children
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
Salary Information: $100.00 full day (8 hours) / $55.00 half day (4 hours)
- $140.00 full day $75.00 half day provided on Monday's and Friday's if both days are worked in the same week
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at http://bvsd.orgxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and new hire orientation.
- Applicants will not be contacted until the application is complete and all required documents have been submitted.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html