Senior Scientist, Methodology Research, Biostatistics - #19503175
Merck & Co., Inc.
Our Quantitative Sciences team has a long history of innovative design and analysis methods for clinical studies of our potential medical breakthroughs. The successful applicant will contribute to this through both methodology development and its implementation with open-source software.
- Develops and collaborates on open source software for statistics, particularly in relation to clinical trial design and analysis.
- Collaborates on statistical research for clinical trial design and analysis.
- Consults with clinical trial teams to implement advanced design and analysis.
- Interacts with contractors on significant outsourcing projects.
- Collaborates on internal standards development and training.
- Strategic planning for, documentation of, and implementation of open-source software in a regulated pharmaceutical development environment.
- Works with statistics and programming teams to ensure underlying information technology supports advanced analytics application needs.
- Rapid response to implement/validate design, analysis, and simulation of clinical trials as needed by clinical trial teams.
- Collaborates with statistical programming staff to ensure that all tools meet analysis requirements, internal standard operating procedures, and external regulatory requirements.
- Prepares oral and written reports to effectively communicate development needs and results of analyses to cross-functional teams.
Education and Minimum Requirement:
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in statistics/biostatistics/computer science/data science or related discipline, or a Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of R programming and package development.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with personnel with a different functional background.
- Demonstrated strong interest in statistical research activities and in the application of novel methods to clinical trials.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to learn, be proactive and motivated, and consistently focus on details and execution.
- Able to function effectively in a team environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of specialized R skills such as Shiny.
- Knowledge of Linux, software design and development, change control
- Other programming languages (e.g., C++, Python, SAS).
- Strong interest in statistical research activities and in the implementation of novel methods in clinical trials.
- Publication in peer-reviewed journals.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: