PC Support Technician- Ellsworth, ME - #19503198
Bar Harbor Bankshares
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, is an independent community banking organization committed to helping its customers, employees and shareholders achieve their financial hopes and dreams. If you want to be part of our team that makes this vision a reality, please read on.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is looking to fill the role of PC Support Technician. Do you have prior experience working with an IT Helpdesk? Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service and have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are a strong team player? If your answer is yes to all of these, this may be the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors helpdesk application for open tickets, processes tickets based on the combination of priority and first-in first-out (FIFO) principle.
- Investigates employee computer problems and identifies their sources; determines and tests possible solutions; advises management on appropriate corrective action plans; and implements solutions.
- Performs or assists with desktop software upgrades, device and printer configuration, and the installation and upgrade of banking applications.
- Develops and conducts end user IT training and instruction for employees; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains desktop software licenses to ensure those applications comply with corporate Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) policy.
- Responsible for laptop and desktop lifecycle management to ensure those devices comply with corporate SDLC policy.
- Assists with onboarding new employees and their corresponding devices to include the installation, testing and configuration of new workstations, peripheral equipment and software; provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- Participate in projects related to applications.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with all bank standards, policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills Required:
- College degree in Information Technology or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in Information Technology and Helpdesk Support.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- A high degree of familiarity with Banking industry concepts and related technologies as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory requirements is strongly preferred.
- A + Certification preferred
- At this time this position may not be remote.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, paid time off, incentives, wellness program, and continuing education benefits.
EEO is the law: English & Spanish version• English - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement