Long-Term Substitute Teacher - Leave Coverage (GES) **3 Positions** - #19503228
Ball-Chatham School District 5
Ball-Chatham Virtual Substitute Teaching Opportunities: APPLY TODAY to become a
long-term virtual substitute teacher at Glenwood Elementary School!
We have 2 positions available to cover exteneded leaves, and
both positions will perform virutal instruction from GES classrooms:
January 15th - April 22nd
March 1st - May 28th
April 6th - May 28th
The day in the life of a substitute teacher is...
- Engaging. Challenging. Rewarding.
- When subbing throughout the school district, individuals can expect to work with a variety of students, Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. A substitute teacher is an integral part of the Ball-Chatham community, providing support to those who work daily serving the needs of the District's students.
This position may be a fit for you if...
- You are prepared to assist an extraordinary team guiding Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade students to achievement of their educational goals and milestones
- You are excited about working with students at all academic levels and needs
- You are enthusiastic about Ball-Chatham's vision, mission, and beliefs
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- You are able to create positive relationships with students, parents, and other staff
- You are able to provide a positive, safe, and academically challenging learning environment for students through the use of District approved curriculum
It would be great if you...
- Hold a valid Illinois Substitute Teaching License OR Professional Educator License, in addition to a Substitute Authorization from the Regional Office of Education for Sangamon-Menard Counties (ROE #51)*
If you currently hold a Substitute Authorization, please upload a copy at the Supplemental Materials - Certified step of the online application.
- Understand best practices related to teaching and pedagogy
- Are able to interpret and implement IEPs
- Substitute Teacher Requirements
If you're ready to join the team as a substitute teacher...
- Complete the ONLINE application by clicking APPLY in the top right corner of the page, and someone from Human Resources will contact you with the next steps!
Learn more about us here