Senior Motion Graphics Designer (VERIFY) - #19503233
TEGNA has an immediate opening for a Motion Graphics Designer with strong design and storytelling skills to join the growing VERIFY team. VERIFY is a news brand dedicated to stopping the spread of misinformation and answering our audience's questions about what's true and false. Since being created by a group of TEGNA journalists in 2016, VERIFY has grown into a popular daily franchise that airs across TEGNA's 51 local newsrooms and digital properties. In 2021, TEGNA is expanding VERIFY to include dedicated digital products, increased TV production and a robust social media presence. The Motion Graphics Designer will collaborate with a team of producers to create video content in VERIFY's fact-checking format for use on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Work with VERIFY producers to create engaging storytelling through video and graphics for use across multiple platforms
- Create social videos, graphics and social media templates for VERIFY
- Produce quick turn VERIFY videos for major live news events like debates, speeches, etc.
- Provide post-production feedback to content created by VERIFY producers
- Evolve the VERIFY storytelling format to fit new platforms while staying true to VERIFY's brand
- Perform other tasks as required by the VERIFY team
- Two to three years of professional experience in motion graphics
- High level of proficiency in After Effects with broadcast motion graphics and compositing
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong eye for design and visual storytelling
- Proficient in Windows-only environment
- Experience producing graphic-centric social videos
- Basic video production skills and knowledge
- Solid news judgment; journalism background preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take direction well, but also motivated and capable of handling a project from start to finish
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
[ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply