Multi-Axis Machinist - #19503235
Raytheon Technologies Corp
Job ID 172727BR Date posted 12/14/2020 City Dallas State TX Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Precision Manufacturing is a leader in high precision mechanical product manufacturing. The business consists of multiple sites in the Dallas area with around 560 employees. Raytheon Technologies Precision Manufacturing is experiencing growth with primary focus in the defense and aerospace markets.
This position entails performing complex setups, troubleshooting and proficiently operating all machines in a numerically controlled production facility producing metallic machined parts. The successful candidate must have thorough knowledge of all machine speeds, feeds, materials, cutter tool geometry and safe operating practices.
Assigned equipment may involve lathes, milling machines, boring machines and/or grinders to fabricate close tolerance metal parts according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, blueprints, sketches, drawings, models, manuals, and/or sample parts to determine dimensions, finishes, and other designated attributes.
Machinist will organize and follow determined work sequences and established machining processes to achieve critical dimensions using geometric formulas. Additional responsibilities can include checking and attesting to the dimensional accuracy of his/her work and mentoring coworkers.
Please note: Must have flexibility to work First, Second, Third or Compressed Shifts
- 6 years of Machinist experience
- Experience interpreting blue prints, GD&T, and/or specification sheets
- Experience operating multi-axis machines
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Effective communication skills and timely problem solving
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements and conditions in the facility
- Effective time management skills
- Able to set up and operate machining center on highly complex machined parts
- Written and verbal communication skills required to keep peers and management apprised of status of work
- Positive, proactive attitude and work approach
Required Education (including Major):
High School diploma or equivalent (GED)172727
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.