Software Engineer (Can be Remote) - #19503252
Element 84, Inc.
We're Element 84 and we're taking on some of the biggest challenges in software: petabyte search, consumer streaming, and Earth science repositories, just to name a few. We are a team of gamers, musicians, artists, pitmasters, pilots, and tinkerers and we think you might have fun helping us solve some big problems. Element 84 was founded by husband-and-wife engineers and has grown into a skilled group of developers, designers, project managers, and business team that build high performance systems for some of the biggest corporate and government clients in the world. Our main office is located in Alexandria, VA but we support a large remote workforce from Michigan to Texas and Pennsylvania to Colorado.
Paying attention to who we are -- as a company, as people, as family members, friends, and colleagues, is probably the biggest part of who we are. There are lots of ways to run a company and you have probably experienced more than your share. For us, it's wanting to come to work, being around people we enjoy, taking on big things with people you trust, and sharing our achievements as a team.
- You’ll get credit when things go right and we’ll have your back when things go wrong.
- We only take on work that is challenging and right for us. There are projects we will turn down and the team has a say.
- We may be a small company, but we have big company benefits meant to support the idea that we're here for the long term and that happiness comes from much more than just where you work, including 401k, health & dental insurance, life & disability insurance, paid parental leave, flexible schedule, cell phone stipend, flexible spending accounts for health, transportation and dependent care and a generous PTO policy.
We have an extraordinary retention rate because we only hire extraordinary people. We hope that’s you.
Element 84 is looking for an experienced Software Engineer. As a member of the team you will support the operation of the next generation cloud-based platform for a government transportation program.
Please submit your information, resume and cover letter if you are interested in this permanent position headquartered in the Washington, DC metro area. Remote candidates welcome.
- 3-5 years experience with the following:
- Node JS
- Cloud-Native / Serverless Architecture
- Git / Continuous Integration
- AWS Services (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, CloudWatch, S3
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Energetic, self motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
Ability to pass necessary public trust background checks
Experience with Angular (Type Script)
Experience with ElasticSearch
Element 84 is an equal opportunity employer, with a company culture that values diversity. We embrace inclusivity and believe that diversity of thought, perspective, and experience helps us reach higher and think bigger. Element 84 is committed to hiring the best person for the team and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you are interested in joining us, we want to hear from you!