Surgical Technologist Certified - #19503261
Pacific Medical Centers
Providence is calling a Surgical Technician, Certified (Operating Room, Variable, 0.0 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable..
In this position you will:
- Clean room according to policies and procedures in expedient manner.
- Correctly handle specialty equipment and instruments. Places instruments in appropriate pan to prevent damage.
- Maintain an adequate supply of instruments and supplies to meet the needs of the surgeon and the patient. Is proactive in determining needs of the surgeon during the case.
- Report all drains and packs to Circulating Nurse.
- Review assignment the day prior and is prepared for the surgical procedure to be performed. This includes gathering information from others if needed.
- Use age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines to perform treatments and procedures that are routine for unit/clinic on patients.
- Collaborate with physicians and hospital staff to ensure optimal patient care.
- Maintain all instrumentation and supplies. Keeps all inventory in working order and follows through immediately with the director for any repair or inventory concerns (OR).
- Participate in evaluations of new products, methods or equipment to determine quality.
- Share the responsibility of general departmental duties with all OR team members, including but not limited to: preparation for next day's cases, checking, cleaning and restocking OR rooms, general cleaning, checking outdates supplies and instruments, putting away instruments and supplies as received and sharing responsibility in maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Document critical incidents when necessary.
- Serve as a clinical resource for physicians and other departments.
- Serve as a mentor or educational resource for new employees and students.
- Assist other team members in cleaning and preparing OR between cases in a timely fashion and at the end of the schedule.
- Clean trays, instruments and equipment and makes ready for processing and for use.
- Dispose of sharps from sterile field according to policy.
- Maintain an accurate sponge and needle count, being aware at all times, the location of sponges and needles, etc. 0 deficiencies to meet standard.
- Notify appropriate personnel of malfunctioning of autoclaves, which may have compromised sterility. Removes items for use as appropriate.
- Open and prepare the sterile field, using safe aseptic technique at all times.
- Participate in hospital and unit specific practices to maintain clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
- Sort dirty and clean instruments and transports them per policy to the contaminated area.
- Use appropriate cleaning substances as indicated by Hospital Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- When appropriate, according to policy, flash sterilizes all goods using appropriate sterilization guidelines.
- Communicate effectively in regard to supply inventory utilized during the case. Assists in entering data into Optiflex.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program
National certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist required within 3 months of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 1 year Operating Room experience
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.