Commissioning Technician (4+ years) - #19503263
Coffman Engineers, Inc.
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 16 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
Coffman Engineers’ Spokane office has an immediate opening for a Commissioning Technician with 4+ years experience. This position requires the ability to organize, plan and complete daily commissioning activities as directed by the Commissioning Specialist and Commissioning Manager. Working independently and completing assigned tasks on time are position requirements.
- High School degree or equivalent required; associate degree, technical certification state licenses preferred
- Team player attitude with ability to function independently and without daily supervision
- 4 years of experience: commissioning, TAB and direct digital control systems
- Experience with mechanical/electrical engineering, design and construction processes desirable
- Experience with construction site work activity conditions and safety protocols desirable
- Experience with direct digital controls system design or programming desirable
- Organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Computer skills with databases and Microsoft Windows Operating systems (i.e. Word and Excel)
- Maintaining a valid Washington or Idaho State driver’s license is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Project management & communication skills, and ability to function independently without supervision
- Follow supervisor instructions when working independently and on team assignments
- Exhibit professionalism working with peers, clients, consults, contractors and governmental representatives
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely and logical manner while exercising discretion and good judgment
- Maintain positive work relationship with clients, fellow employees and project team
- Provide clear written and verbal communications
- Read and comprehend technically-written material
- Schedule and lead commissioning meetings and record meeting minutes for distribution
- Take care with use of company work gear, cellphones, computers, tools, equipment, supplies and vehicles
- Attend meetings and provide input necessary to coordinate and complete assigned tasks
- Execute tasks; i.e., assessment, installation, testing, photo & other documentation reports
- Adhere to schedules provided by Supervisor
- Adapt work habits to accommodate a variety of office and field tasks
- Work 40 hours/week or more including nights, weekends, holidays and adverse weather conditions
- Learn to operate commissioning and Test & Balance tools proficiently
- Travel on a regular basis including extended periods of time within and outside Washington State
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS POSITION:
- Lifting and Moving: 100 lbs. occasionally, 50 lbs. frequently, and 20 lbs. regularly
- Climbing/Balancing: Frequent work on step ladders, extension ladders, scaffolding and uneven surfaces
- Walking: Extensive walking frequently required throughout a regular or extended workday
- Stooping/Bending/Crawling: Frequent requirement and often necessary on floors or in confined spaces
- Standing/Sitting: Both can range from 0-100% each day
- Reaching: Frequent reaching overhead, horizontally and below feet
- Vision: Corrected vision to 20/20 required or adequate to perform all essential functions
- Color Vision: Required
- Driving Vehicles/Air Travel: Frequently required
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. Our downtown Spokane office is located near the historic Davenport Hotel and the city’s public transportation center, and within walking distance of Riverfront Park. Whether it is delivering the best possible service to our clients, or competing in an office-wide ping-pong competition, we welcome the dedicated and the driven. Join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance:
- 41 years in business
- 550+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #42 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2020
- #164 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2020
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.