Program Coordinator – Patient Experience - #19503266
University of Utah Medical Group
This position is responsible for helping support and lead initiatives related to patient experience at University of Utah Health. This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
University of Utah Health has become a national leader in patient experience by using the voice of the patient in all aspects of the care delivery process. We strive to deliver compassionate, coordinated, and expert care as we learn from patients' feedback.
The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes.
- Administrative role providing support in daily operations relating to patient experience across the health system.
- Leads an employee recognition program coordinating schedules and other logistical aspects spanning across the health system.
- Coordinates special projects in conjunction with other departments across the health system.
- Serves as the department representative in addressing issues and questions related to the program, which may include representing the department on various committees.
- Develops and implements department or program specific policies and procedures.
- Assesses related training needs and coordinates training programs to meet those needs.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong desire for attention to detail related to various aspects of the program.
- Thrives in a rich learning environment with the ability to apply and use creative skills.
- Demonstrates a desire for human relations and/or ability to apply effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates the technical ability to manage large and complex data sets.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalency.
- Two additional years of related experience, or equivalency.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Pulling and/or Pushing, Sitting, Standing, Walking