RN - Assisted Living - Horizon House - #19503276
Pacific Medical Centers
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Assisted Living (Days, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Horizon House in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Employ Nursing Professional Practice: Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients' care. Develop, update and coordinate the patient's plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate. Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Advocate: Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Facilitate Learning: Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Align Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care. uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in Professional Development: Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead in the Practice Setting & Community: Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
- Delegation: Give on-the-job direction including appropriate delegation, input and coaching to assigned members of patient care team
- Complete initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma from an accredited nursing program
- Unencumbered RN license in Alaska
- BLS from AHA required upon hire
- 2 years experience in the healthcare field
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited nursing program
- 1 year experience as an RN
About Horizon House
Horizon House is an assisted living community where most residents have more autonomy than in a long term care facility. There are 60 apartments and two cottages; some with double rooms. The homelike atmosphere and two outdoor garden areas make for a pleasant atmosphere for residents and staff alike.