Superintendent - #19503278
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an excellent opportunity for a Construction Superintendent. with project work located all through the Midwest.
Working with the Construction team, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Committed to and responsible for GHD's Safety Culture & actively involved in project Health and Safety
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety Plans
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site Safety Steward
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard Analysis
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Organizing and planning field activities for craft and equipment resources.
- Oversee work performance and productivity of crafts and subcontractors to ensure project rules, procedures, specifications, safety requirements, etc. are followed.
- Assist with selection and hiring of project craft personnel.
- Experience working with local craft union halls.
- Ensure direct report time punches accurately reflect hours and job tasks (WBS coding) worked and are submitted timely.
- Understand the project contract/scope and advise project management of potential changes (scope and conditions), potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing / resolving such problems as required.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, subcontractor scheduling, etc. throughout the project.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of direct reports and subcontractors.
- Must have the working knowledge to be able to safely operate equipment and qualify employees.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of supervisor level experience with some or all of the following types of projects large scale earth moving (mine closure, heavy civil), demolition, remediation, dredging / waterway projects, general contracting
- Ability to review and use project schedules to plan and direct field activities.
- Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate with and lead a team composed of different crafts and subcontractors.
- Ability to recognize potential changes and other project impacts and assist project management with notices and claims.
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of project contract, specifications and drawings for assigned activities.
- Possesses writing skills necessary to document project activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and subcontractors and maintain liaison with other departments, i.e., Purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support, construction schedule.
- Understands and uses GHD's cost control systems to improve job performance.
- Ability to train and mentor Foreman and craft labor.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to supervise large groups.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.